As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
1. Natures Root
Cavolo Nero | Black Cabbage | Tuscan Kale | Sowing Vegetable Seeds | Planting | Sprouting, Natures Root Organic 'Nero di Toscana' Kale Seeds 125g Approx 30000 SeedsNatures Root
- Ensure the soil is free draining to prevent root rot, mix through gypsum if soil is too heavy in clay. The entire kale plant can be harvested 7 to 9 weeks after sowing. Excess kale freezes well for use at a later date. How to sow your organic kale seeds: sow nero di toscana kale seeds 6mm deep spacing plantings about 40cm apart to allow plenty of room for growth.
Plant in spring as soon as the ground can be worked or in autumn for an over-winter crop. Individual nero di toscana Kale leaves can be harvested as soon as they are big enough to pick. When it finally bolts, the flower shoots are a gourmet treat raw or cooked.
Kale is a frost tolerant vegetable. Flavour is slightly peppery with added sweetness after plants are exposed to frost. Water regularly and mulch around kale plants well to ensure their roots are kept cool and moist. Culinary uses: older nero di toscana kale leaves can be cooked as a green vegetable in stir fries, soups and casseroles, made into kale chips or blended into a heathy green smoothie.
Companion planting: cavolo nero can be planted alonside beetroot Beets, Celery, Dill, Rosemary, Mint, Lettuce, Cucumbers, Garlic, Sage, Spinach, Hyssop, Onions, Nasturtium, Potatoes, Swiss chard. As well as sowing in spring, you can also sow it in a polytunnel in late summer/early autumn and pick a few leaves at a time all winter when other salad ingredients are scarce. Younger leaves are at their most tender and delicious when eaten raw in salads and sandwiches.
|Height||21 cm (8.27 Inches)|
|Length||8 cm (3.15 Inches)|
|Weight||0.13 kg (0.29 Pounds)|
|Width||13 cm (5.12 Inches)|
2. 8IGHTEEN COSTUME
Great Gardening Gift, 200pcs Black Cabbage Seeds for Planting, Heirloom Packet8IGHTEEN COSTUME
- You can harvest food even on your balcony, porch, small backyard by doing small plantings and repeating the growing process several times through the growing season.
If you have a small greenhouse or cold frame you can grow in the winter. A fun home gardening project for the entire family ; Designed for men or women, kids and adults.
3. Premier Seeds Direct
Premier Seeds Direct KAL01 Kale Borecole Black Tuscan 7gmPremier Seeds Direct
- Kale is very hardy and quality actually improves after a frost. Kale germinates best in cool or warm soil temperatures with even moisture.
Thin seedlings to 8-12" apart which can be transplanted or eaten. Plant in spring as soon as the ground can be worked or in autumn for an over-winter crop. Professional defra licenced 07274 quality seed supply only - Minimal packaging - Ziplock labelled bags - Instructions not attached - See details provided above for cultivation advice.
Enrich the soil with compost or well-rotted manure. Sow 1/4 to 1/2" deep, 1" apart in rows 18-30" apart. Harvest by clipping individual leaves. Choose an area with full sun and a soil pH of 6. 0-7. 0 .
4. Mr Fothergills
Kale Nero Di Toscana, Mr Fothergill's 14928 Vegetable SeedsMr Fothergills
- Easy to grow. Nutritious baby leaf. Unusual dark wrinkled leaves, can be eaten raw or cooked. For baby leaf or mature winter plants. Excellent source of vitamin C and vitamin A.
Johnsons 11617 Vegetable Seeds, Kale Black MagicJOHNSON'S
- Dark 'savoyed' leaves. Outstanding tolerance to cold and resistance to bolting. Bred for the UK climate.
|Height||1 cm (0.39 Inches)|
|Length||17.6 cm (6.93 Inches)|
|Weight||0 kg (0.01 Pounds)|
|Width||10.8 cm (4.25 Inches)|
6. Premier Seeds Direct
300 Finest Seeds, Black Russian, PREMIER SEEDS DIRECT TomatoPremier Seeds Direct
- Sow in spring 1/16 inch deep. Professional defra licenced quality seed supply only - Minimal packaging - Ziplock labelled bags - Instructions not attached - See details provided above for cultivation advice.
Transplant the seedlings when large enough to handle into 3 inch pots. They require substantial staking for support and benefit from being constrained to a central growing stem.
Grow on under cooler conditions and when about 10-15cm tall, either plant in their growing position in the greenhouse or gradually acclimatise them to outdoor conditions and plant out 18 inches apart in a warm and sunny spot in moist, fertile well drained soil and keep watered.
Germination takes around 6-14 days at 65-75F. They can reach heights of up to 12 feet although 6 feet is normal. Indeterminates will bloom, set new fruit and ripen fruit all at the same time throughout the season. Indeterminate tomatoes will grow and produce fruit until killed by frost.
7. Premier Seeds Direct
Borecole, Black Tuscan, Kale, 1000 Seeds Organic/BIO, Nero DI ToscanaPremier Seeds Direct
- Harvest leaves from the outside of the plant first. Thin seedlings to 8-12" apart which can be transplanted or eaten. Kale is very hardy and quality actually improves after a frost.
Kale germinates best in cool or warm soil temperatures with even moisture. Soil association" registered and certified organic - ap22387. Sow 1/4 to 1/2" deep, 1" apart in rows 18-30" apart. Enrich the soil with compost or well-rotted manure.
Plant in spring as soon as the ground can be worked or in autumn for an over-winter crop. Choose an area with full sun and a soil pH of 6. 0-7. 0 Professional defra licenced quality seed supply only - Minimal packaging - Ziplock labelled bags - Instructions not attached - See details provided above for cultivation advice.
8. J & L seeds
Italian Heirloom Heritage Brassica Nero DI Toscana Kale Cabbage 100 Seeds. Certified French Organic GrowerJ & L seeds
- Non treated non GMO seed Brassica oleracea. Beautiful Packaging and growing instructions. 100 seeds per packet. Italian heritage heirloom large black palm leaf kale nero di toscana caBBAGE SEEDS Brassica collestion. Delivered from our French organic Farm.
400 Seeds Minimum Per Packet., GROSEEDS, Vegetable Seeds, V-KAL-01, Kale, Nero Di ToscanaGROSEEDS
- Supplied in foil lined, re-sealable kraft finished branded packets. A valuable plant to have growing in the garden over the winter months. It is a very hardy plant that will survive the harshest of winters.
Specifications - type : heritage variety, part shade during the hottest part of the day preferred, Harvest : October - December, Height : 80 cm, Spread : 50 cm, Position : Full sun, again in February - May.
Uk based company. Suitable for - Vegetable plot, raised beds, container garden. About - attractive deeply savoyed dark green leaves. Giving back - 'seeds for you - water for another. Each seed packet provides 7 days of clean, safe drinking water to 1 person in Malawi, Africa. Apha registered. Genuine groseeds seed packets can only be despatched and sold by Groseeds.